The Man Cave is a fast-growing non-profit that focuses on preventative mental health and emotional intelligence for young men and the adults in their lives. Through impactful programs, role models and resources we facilitate courageous conversations and long-term behaviour change focused on healthy masculinity, mental health and respectful relationships.
About the role
Are you passionate about supporting young people and creating systemic positive social change? Are you a bold and values-driven leader who has successfully grown a for-purpose organisation? Have you overseen the smooth and efficient operations and governance of an organisation? Are you looking for a life-changing opportunity to make a massive impact in the world? The Man Cave would love to bring you aboard.
THE KIND OF PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are energised by operations and strategy
- You have strong integrity and do what you say you will
- You place a heavy emphasis on action and tangible results
- You take initiative to solve problems independently and creatively
- You are efficient and effectively manage your time
- You have excellent attention-to-detail
- You have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- You are bold, experienced and are excited by challenges
- You have a long-term and systems-level outlook on strategic opportunities
- You demonstrate the capacity to work autonomously as well as the ability to work constructively in a small team environment
- You are comfortable working in a start-up, high-performing environment
- You are passionate and committed to supporting young people reach their potential
- You are comfortable around topics such as mental health, gender and sexuality
- You have a level of comfort and effectiveness in dealing with conflict
- You are a fast learner and are able to absorb information and learn new skill-sets
- You are able to commit to a minimum of 18 months to the role
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional environment in a similar role
- Experience managing a team and reporting to senior management
- Relevant qualifications are desired but not mandatory
- A valid Working With Children Check is mandatory requirements of this position and will be required prior to commencement
A position description is attached.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form by clicking on Apply Now; you will also need to upload your cover letter and CV. If you have any questions, please enquire via firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Head of Operations enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Women, (people from) LGBTIQ+ communities, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, and CALD backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is found.