- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference.
- Help create great outcomes for schools, dads, father figures and families.
- Perth based, $50,000 - $55,000 per annum
The Fathering Project is Australia's leading not-for-profit dedicated to improving children’s lives and futures by inspiring and equipping men to be more engaged and effective fathers and father-figures. Effective fathering means happier, healthier futures for kids.
About the role
The Program Operations Coordinator provides support and program guidance to schools and channel clients to help create great outcomes for schools, dads, father figures and families. It includes facilitating and supporting the usage of The Fathering Project's approved systems, resources, tools, and content.
This role coordinates our registration and onboarding processes through to ongoing program communications, organising training and providing ongoing support to program clients.
Based in Perth, this role will report to the Program Operations Manager in Sydney.
- Understand and champion our value proposition
- Implement the registration and onboarding processes with program clients
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of schools and channel client initiatives
- Monitor and follow up on the usage of our systems and tools by program clients and dads groups
- Coordinate and distribute approved program communications
- Implement volunteer processes for onboarding, assessment, checks, training and engagement
- Contribute to the training and upskilling program implementation for different program roles e.g. volunteers
- Collaborate with our teams on combined regional events and provide event coordination
- Contribute to our CRM data and reporting effectiveness
- Work collaboratively to inspire, support and create great client outcomes alongside team members and volunteers.
- A passion to help fathers, families and children
- Excellent verbal and written skills with experience in writing communications for the customer
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure, prioritise and achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and ability to use initiative to solve customer problems
- Thoroughness and great attention to detail, ensuring record keeping of customer interactions and details of actions taken
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in and across teams
- Experience working with CRM and workflow systems
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel; exposure to creative packages an advantage
- Digital capability with experience in the back-end components of websites and customer portals
- Minimum 5+ years experience providing customer service in a structured program environment, ideally within the not-for-profit or education sectors
- Business, marketing, customer service or similar Degree or Certificate qualification
- Project management experience desirable.
Please direct any questions regarding this role to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Program Operations Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.