- Permanent Part time (3 days a week) based in Dandenong.
- The Bridge Inc. Reg. A0033971H
The Bridge Incorporated (Inc.) is a NDIS provider and receives funding from the Commonwealth and Victorian governments to provide a variety of support services to individuals with disability as well as young people from disadvantaged backgrounds from various locations in Melbourne's South-East Suburbs.
About The Role
As the Volunteer and Student Placement Coordinator you will be responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, and retention of Volunteers as well as coordinating student placements. You will also be required to train and support the students and Volunteer team to enable them to provide complimentary services to participants. You will have the demonstrated ability to grow and improve the service delivery models within the disability sector for our service users, whilst maintaining a professional business relationship through regular communication with all volunteers, students, staff, and external stakeholders.
You are a flexible and focused team player with demonstrated experience in coordinating a team and showing personal initiative. You enjoy and have experience in the coordination of Volunteer/student. You are an effective communicator who is highly organised and possess strong time management skills. You excel at building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and are able to demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively to achieve service outcomes.
The benefits for you?
- Comprehensive Induction program, ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Competitive salary enhanced by Salary Packaging
- Rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Working for a values based organisation
To be considered for this role the successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Experience in working with Volunteers and/or students.
- A formal qualification in disability, health or community services or equivalent experience relevant to the field.
- Sound IT skills in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage a team.
- A desire to foster Disability confidence in the local community.
- A commitment and ability to work as part of a small team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keep up to date on best practice in disability service delivery, quality improvement and the capability to support people with diverse needs.
- Ability to empower participants and families.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and choices.
- A strong focus on outward local community development by building solid partnerships with the local community.
- Possession of a current Victoria Drivers Licence and Comprehensive insurance
- Submit a cover letter telling us why we should hire you as the next Volunteer and Student Placement Coordinator of The Bridge and attach your resume.
- Appointment to the position is subject to several checks including two satisfactory professional reference checks. It is also a requirement of this position to acquire and maintain a positive NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance and the role is only available to Australian residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia.