The Australia Institute is one of Australia’s leading independent think-tanks. We produce high-quality, timely research designed to have impact across a broad range of economic, social, accountability & integrity and environmental issues.
The ideal person will:
- Have a degree in a relevant discipline (economics, political science, environment etc.);
- Be an experienced researcher and analyst, who can dig out relevant information and data with minimal supervision, and analyse the findings to draw reasonable conclusions;
- A good writer and fast learner, who can prepare clear, well-organised and grammatically correct text and can quickly grasp a wide range of new topics;
- A skilled communicator, who can clearly and accurately explain issues, and the context around them, so that they are understandable to non-specialists; and
- Team player who enjoys working with a high-performing team to get results and create impact.
We are looking for a doer, someone who has at least two years previous experience in research work, with excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to manage time while working on several jobs simultaneously. Climate and energy policy experience and advanced skills in MS Word and Excel would also be particularly useful.
For further information, please visit our website at www.tai.org.au or contact Rod Campbell at email@example.com.