Hope Connect is seeking a Business Manager:
- Part time – 2 days per week
- Rewarding opportunity to lead the strategic, business and administrative oversight of a multidisciplinary welfare and support service
- Competitive remuneration based on experience with salary packaging options available and some above award conditions
- Based in Telopea
Hope Connect is motivated by the love and compassion of Jesus for all people. As a team, we endeavour to meet the changing needs of families and individuals within the community, with a holistic approach that considers the emotional, physical, social, financial and spiritual needs of those who visit.
Employing 11 staff plus volunteers, Hope Connect has been a ministry of Telopea Church of Christ for over 30 years, receiving government, corporate and private funding. Upholding the Christian philosophy and aims of Hope Connect, the Business Manager will work closely with the Family Support Manager and other staff for the development and effective operation of the service, which includes: Family Support Services, Targeted Early Intervention, No Interest Loan Schemes, a Community Shed, Youth Ministries and more.
Friendly efficiency will be the key to success with this part time role, as you join a great team of professionals with a heart to support those in the community of Telopea and its surrounding suburbs.
Essential qualification and skills required:
- Experience in financial management, ideally with welfare/small NGO organisations;
- Ability to develop and document a Work Plan and financial budgets in conjunction with Hope Connect staff and Accounts and Payroll Officer;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment as well as be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience in budget development and evaluation;
- Proven ability in identification, development and implementation of business opportunities.
- Understanding and knowledge of Human Resource, Workplace Health and Safety and Equal Opportunity Employment principles;
- Good organisational skills;
- Competent computer skills;
- Ability to liaise, network and work constructively with a wide range of support personnel, industry groups and other community services;
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Administration or equivalent;
- Experience and proficiency in developing funding applications for services;
- Experience in the social welfare sector, demonstrating passion for community development, welfare and social justice.
Please call Phil Ravesteyn on 0429 046 662 if you have any further questions.
A position description is attached.