TerraCycle is a social enterprise whose mission is to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste”. We have become a global leader in recycling hard-to-recycle waste that typically ends up in landfills (e.g. cigarette butts, baby diapers, coffee capsules etc.). Thanks to major brand partners, we work around the world to set up innovative recycling schemes. We have engaged with over 80 million consumers, raised $30 million for charities and recycled over 4 billion pieces of waste. We have recently taken on new challenges such as transforming ocean waste into new products and offering reusable packaging services. In 2019, TerraCycle was Fortune Magazines “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
About the role
TerraCycle Australia and New Zealand are looking for a Business Development Associate to join our Sydney based team in our fast-paced world. We are looking for someone who is; positive, driven, entrepreneurial and resourceful. This is a unique role for an individual looking for an exceptional opportunity to work within a team to drive business growth whilst making a difference to the environment and driving awareness of sustainability.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to increase TerraCycle ANZ’s revenue.
- Research and identify prospective clients to develop a constantly growing sales pipeline for various market segments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients resulting in successful business conversions.
- Schedule and conduct sales calls/meetings with prospective clients.
- Create, pitch and periodically update sales presentations and proposals.
- Work with other internal departments (Operations and R&D) to generate custom proposals and pricing as needed.
- Draft contracts and conduct negotiations (with support of the legal department).
- Organise, track and maintain a record of all communications with prospective and/or active customers through our online CRM software.
- Manage Business Development interns.
- Represent TerraCycle at events and conferences.
- Work within a team as well as work independently and manage a high-volume workload.
- Other duties as needed
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- Previous experience in Business Development, Sales or the FMCG Industry preferred
- Have the rights to work in Australia (sponsorship not available)
- English as a native language
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Business or relevant degree
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- High energy, positive entrepreneur and fun team player :)
This position is suited to a recent graduate or candidate with a great level of work experience in a similar field. This is a full-time position, based in Sydney.