- Type: Full Time
- Location: Randwick NSW
- Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award 2010 (Level 4) + full salary packaging options available.
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation is a nationwide organisation which offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential. Noffs holds itself to the highest standards, and looks to employ people whose passions lie with supporting a population that can be at times complex, challenging, but also resilient and rewarding.
About The Position:
Noffs is looking for dynamic and compassionate individuals to join our Youth Homelessness Service (YHS) team as a Caseworker.
YHS provides early intervention, crisis and post crisis support to help keep young people housed, and we provide targeted strategies for young people with complex needs, and those exiting Out of Home Care. The key focus areas of this role include (although not limited to):
- conducting thorough assessments which will allow you to formulate clinical and case work treatment plans,
- providing regular individual counselling support and brief family interventions if indicated,
- delivering case management services for young people pre and post housing, and outreach tenancy support where required,
- facilitating groups, workshops and presentations for clients and external services/agencies,
- liaising effectively with referrers, service providers, key stakeholders and/or family and carers to ensure the best service for our young people,
- maintaining accurate records, statistics and reports.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. psychology, counselling, social work, youth work, occupational therapist.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with disadvantaged young people between the ages of 12-25 years old.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Must hold and maintain a current drivers’ licence (Provisional Drivers Licence Minimum) and a cleared NSW Working With Children Check.
- Experience in the drug and alcohol sector and/or homelessness sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 12 months direct casework experience.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted. For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Caseworker - Youth Homelessness enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please note that rolling interviews may be performed. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest point.