“Our purpose is to help disadvantaged young Australians to flourish”
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Caboolture QLD
- Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Level 4) + full salary packaging options available
Continuing Adolescent Life Management (CALM) program is a service for clients who are participating in the PALM Residential Drug and Alcohol program. The service works with clients both during and after their stay at PALM. The service offers a range of community-based therapeutic services including individual and family counselling, life skills development, case management and educational and vocational programs.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join our team in establishing our new CALM program in SE QLD. The role will provide quality support for young people who are participating in the PALM residential rehabilitation program. This support continues in the community once they have left the residential phase. The main functions of the role include delivering case management services, developing Life Management Action Plans, facilitating early intervention & prevention groups, facilitating educational and vocational goals, supporting the development of life skills, building resilience in achieving their life goals and managing healthy mentoring relationships.
This role will be based in Caboolture with the expectation to travel to the Sunshine Coast and other regions during working hours at least twice a week.
Responsibilities and duties include, but not limited to:
- Deliver case management services for young people who are in PALM, as well as those who are completing or transitioning from PALM.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of each young person and, in collaboration with them; develop a Life Management Action Plan.
- Provide ongoing support for clients to assist them to meet the goals as outlined in their Life Management Plan.
- Actively maintain contact with young people in the program as appropriate e.g. case work, mentoring, group work.
- Work closely with the residential team for day-to-day implementation of the agreed care plan for each client.
- Ensure young people have proper representation and access to all the services they require or come into contact with.
- Arrange community networking for the young person to encourage positive interactions in a safe and supportive environment.
- Liaise effectively with referrers, service providers, key stakeholders and/or family and carers to ensure the best service for our young people.
- Maintain accurate records, statistics and reports.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people between the ages of 12-25 yo.
- Experience in conducting clinical assessments, providing casework support, developing and maintaining referral pathways, and communicating clearly within a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of and commitment to a Therapeutic Community model.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Commitment to the principles of harm minimisation and to the aims of the Ted Noffs Foundation.
- Must have a current and valid QLD Blue Card.
- Current driver's licence and a good driving record.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in the drug and alcohol and/or residential sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 12 months of direct casework experience.
- Understanding of harm minimisation principles.
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol use and its impact on clients.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Interviews are offered upon application. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest point and will be highly regarded.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted. For further information, contact us at email@example.com using the subject line: Case Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.