- Type: Full Time
- Location: Watson, ACT
- Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award 2010 (Level 5) + full salary packaging options available
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential. Our Mission is to help disadvantaged young Australians become advantaged. Together, we can continue to make a difference for the next generation of young Australians.
Noffs is looking for a dynamic and compassionate Adolescent & Family Counsellor to join the team at our residential PALM program. This is an opportunity to become part of Australia’s leading (and original) residential drug treatment program for young people. PALM offers treatment for young people experiencing significant problems with drug and alcohol use, mental health, trauma and other associated issues. Noffs holds itself to the highest standards, and only looks to employ people whose passions lie with supporting this highly complex yet amazingly resilient population. Our cargo is simply too precious to settle for second best. If this sounds like a challenge you would be willing to rise to, then the rewards are endless.
Responsibilities and duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct thorough alcohol and other drug, mental health and wellbeing assessments assessment and be able to make clinical recommendations to the wider PALM team.
- Develop a comprehensive case treatment plan in collaboration with the young person.
- Provide regular individual counselling, as well as brief family interventions.
- Plan and facilitate educational and therapeutic group sessions.
- Support the team of Residential Alcohol and Other Drug Workers in the day to day implementation of the agreed care plan for each resident.
- Liaise with family and support networks regularly regarding treatment progress, including comprehensive exit planning.
- Maintain client records, including assessment and statistical records.
- Act as a clinical leader within the program, helping to guide other staff through the treatment episode of each client.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Recognised and appropriate tertiary qualifications in psychology, counselling or equivalent discipline with a minimum of 1 year counselling experience.
- Clinical experience working with young people with a range of problems including substance abuse, mental health concerns, early life trauma and associated issues.
- Experience in conducting clinical assessments, developing treatment plans, delivering appropriate clinical interventions, and communicating clearly within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience in providing effective compassionate individual counselling, as well as brief family interventions.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Dynamic and patient approach with young people and teenagers.
- Good oral and written communication of clinical information and reports.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Commitment to the principles of harm minimisation and to the aims of the Ted Noffs Foundation.
- You must not be a person prohibited to work with children under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998.
- Successful candidates MUST have a current and valid ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card prior to commencing employment.
- Successful candidates MUST have a current and valid driver's licence and a good driving record.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Please note that applicants will have a commitment and capacity to implement and apply EEO, WH&S policies, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and where applicable must provide information of their working visa conditions.
For further information, contact us at email@example.com. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note that rolling interviews may be performed. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest point.