- Work with Tearfund’s community engagement team
- Exciting mix of strategic thinking, relationship building and supporter empowerment.
- Locally based and nationally focused
About Tearfund Australia
Tearfund is a Christian development, relief and advocacy organisation responding to global poverty and injustice. Our vision is for a just and compassionate world in which all people have the opportunity to achieve their God-given potential. To work at Tearfund is to live out your vocation; a space where your faith, passion for justice and skills intersect. Tearfund offers generous salary packaging benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, and will challenge you on your faith and justice journey.
Work with Tearfund’s community engagement team and help grow a national movement of Australian Christians working to see lives transformed for people living in extreme poverty. Focusing on working closely with grassroots volunteers, advocates and key supporters, this position is aimed at mobilising the local church to become increasingly active in responding to issues of extreme poverty and climate justice.
- Recruit and mobilise grassroots leaders to work for change in ways which benefit the lives of those experiencing extreme poverty.
- Work alongside Tearfund’s engagement team to develop and implement faith-based community organising training; equipping volunteers with the skills they need to engage the church on issues of poverty and climate justice.
- Coach and support existing grassroots leaders and groups to take action.
- Network and support engagement with local churches and supporters.
About You - does this sound like you?
- You love the church and social justice; your goal is to make sure that every Christian in Australia is challenged and empowered to make biblically-shaped responses to poverty and climate justice.
- You’re a change maker; you can empower others to take action on issues which impact on Global Poverty.
- You pride yourself on your excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- You are a strategic thinker and love developing plans and seeing them come to fruition.
- You’re a multi-tasker. You’re used to managing multiple priorities, from running a training event, telling a story, writing copy for an EDM or taking a volunteer for a coffee. Making sure things get done is your forte.
For more information, download the Position Description here.