- Work with TEAR’s community engagement team
- Exciting mix of strategic thinking, relationship building and supporter empowerment
- Part-time 3 days PW | Perth location
About TEAR Australia
TEAR is a Christian development, relief and advocacy organisation responding to global poverty and injustice. Our vision is for a just and compassionate world in which all people have the opportunity to achieve their God-given potential. To work at TEAR is to live out your vocation; a space where your faith, passion for justice and skills intersect. TEAR offers generous salary packaging benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, and will challenge you on your faith and justice journey.
We are looking for a Community Organiser in Perth
Work with TEAR’s community engagement team and help grow a movement of Australian Christians working to see lives transformed for people living in extreme poverty. Focusing on working closely with grassroots volunteers, advocates and key supporters, this position is aimed at mobilising the local Church to become more increasingly active in responding to issues of justice and extreme poverty.
- Recruit and mobilise grassroots leaders to work for change in ways which benefit the lives of those experiencing extreme poverty.
- Work alongside TEAR’s engagement team to develop and implement faith-based community organising training; equipping volunteers with the skills they need to engage the church on issues of poverty and injustice.
- Coach and support existing grassroots leaders and volunteers.
- Coordinate ways for grassroots leaders to learn from one another and take-action together.
- Help develop and implement key TEAR Advocacy and Fundraising campaigns.
- Develop engaging content for volunteer and supporter communications.
About you - does this sound like you?
- You love the church and social justice; your goal is to make sure that every Christian in Australia is challenged and empowered to make biblically-shaped responses to poverty and injustice.
- You’re a change maker; you can empower others to take coordinated action on issues which impact on Global Poverty.
- You pride yourself on your excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- You value others and work collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
- You are a strategic thinker and love developing plans and seeing them come to fruition.
- You’re a multi-tasker. You’re used to managing multiple priorities, from running a training event, telling a story, writing copy for an EDM or taking a volunteer for a coffee. Making sure things get done is your forte.
TEAR Australia’s recruitment and selection procedures and checks reflect our commitment to the well-being and protection of children and vulnerable adults.We seek to be a diverse workplace, in which people of different backgrounds, genders and ages work together and are equally appreciated and respected. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for TEAR roles.
A Position Description is attached below.