Love making a difference as a Behaviour Support Practitioner?
The Benevolent Society has part-time and full-time opportunities for a behaviour support practitioner to join our multi-disciplinary disability services team. The role will support clients in the New England area of NSW, working flexibly to offer services in client homes, community settings and from our hubs at Armidale and Tamworth.
As Australia's first charity, we've been supporting people with a disability, children, families, older people and carers since 1813. Not-for-profit and non-religious, we have a vision of a just society where everyone can live their best life and a 200+ year track record of fighting for social justice. We deliver on our vision through a progressive, talented multi-disciplinary team of over 1,300 staff, supporting over 40,000 people each year in five States and Territories. Our team live and breathe our values every day - integrity, respect, collaboration, effectiveness and optimism.
Why work with us?
We support people to live their best life. That includes you! You might be interested in:
- Access to great professional development including monthly individual clinical supervision (more for new graduates), monthly Communities of Practice, and a range of other learning opportunities tailored to you
- Supporting a diverse range of clients from children to adults, through our range of disability programs funded by the NDIS, state education departments and other government programs
- Working in a truly multi-disciplinary team of Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Psychologists and Support Coordinators to deliver outcomes for clients
- Strong career advancement including annual selection process for Senior practitioner roles, management pathways, and transfer and secondment opportunities across TBS programs and locations
- Flexible working conditions with part-time and remote working arrangements supported and mobile working tools supplied
- A focus on work / life balance with access to monthly Accrued Days Off, up to two weeks additional purchased annual leave each year, and access to long service leave after five years
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year, employee discount program including gyms/fitness centres, and novated car leases.
- Realistic performance targets with lots of support as you build your caseload and experience.
Who are we looking for?
We want to speak to Behaviour Support Practitioners who are:
- Passionate about supporting people with a disability to achieve their goals
- Honest and who carry out their role with integrity and demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their disability, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation
- Experienced in supporting people with a disability or people who have complex behaviours
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of positive behaviour support
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a flexible, person-centred and strengths-based way across a diverse range of settings to meet client needs
- Willing to contribute to and develop their professional skills through our internal practice communities
- Effective time managers to ensure they can meet client goals and performance expectations
- Collaborative team players, willing to contribute to our friendly and supportive culture
- Current driver's licence (cars provided)
- Qualifications in human services, social sciences, teaching or health is highly regarded but not essential.
We are open to applications from experienced behaviour support practitioners and those who have not previously delivered behaviour support' but are interested in doing so, so get in touch to have a chat today.
Are you ready to build your best life? Apply below today!
Call Tiffany on 0421 714 145 if you would like to know more.