A rewarding employment opportunity for a Program Manager, Cultural Landscapes has become available at the Taungurung Land and Waters Council (TLaWC). We are the corporate representative of the Taungurung people. As a Registered Aboriginal Party (2009), TLaWC serves to uphold the interests of Taungurung people with respect to Culture and Country
This role will oversee the development and implementation of a series of culturally informed strategies for both public and private land planning, management and governance.
This is an exciting role that seeks to develop innovative pathways and solutions both within current legislative and policy frameworks, as well as supporting the development of new and more culturally appropriate mechanisms.
This will include the application of Taungurung Cultural knowledge and practice in, and the defining of, Cultural Landscapes across Country that draw directly on biocultural values to inform long term objectives and outcomes for healing and caring for Country.
- Full time, 4 year contract with possible extension dependent on funding
- Based in Alexandra, with flexibility to work from home
- Work with a supportive and empowering team that are passionate about Country
- Paid days off over Christmas
- Support TLaWC’s work towards improved access and management rights to both public and private land on Taungurung Country in line with the cultural, environmental and economic aspirations of TLaWC, guided by the Taungurung Community.
- Oversee the development of models for applying cultural land management practices to Taungurung Country in a contemporary environment, in coordination with the CLM team, broader TLaWC staff and other subject matter specialists and in partnership with Biik Environmental (TLaWCs Cultural and Natural Resource Management service provider).
- Develop and implement property, cultural reserve and cultural landscape management plans that respond to cultural objectives (to heal, protect and enhance biocultural values) and that are consistent with culturally informed planning for culturally valued species.
- Develop collaborative management opportunities to enable the application of Taungurung Cultural objectives, knowledge and practice in the healing and management of priority cultural landscapes on Taungurung Country in partnership with Biik Environmental.
- Oversee and support the development and implementation of the TLaWC Private Land Acquisition and Development Strategy (implementation in partnership with Biik Environmental).
A position description is attached.