- Rouse Hill location
- SCHCADS Award 2010- Level 4
- Full-Time (35 hours a week)
SydWest Multicultural Services is the leading community organisation connecting and empowering people of all cultures. Our purpose is Connecting Cultures & Building Communities. The values underpinning our work are Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence. Through person-centred services, representation and evidence development we are empowering individuals and building the social capacity of communities. The organisation focuses on people who are vulnerable and most in need across the life course. We have offices in Blacktown, Mt Druitt, Penrith and Rouse Hill.
We offer our staff many benefits such as flexible working arrangements, flexi-time and salary sacrifice packaging. For further information please check this link.
The NDIS Support Coordinator is part of the organisation’s Disability Services Division and will be accountable to support SydWest’s NDIS Support Coordination participants build capacity and ability to design, develop and implement their NDIS supports.
SydWest’s NDIS Support Coordinator will support NDIS Participants develop their knowledge, experience and connections within their community and broader systems of support. They will be responsible for connecting people who have a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Support Plan with access to tailored support through one or more providers and providing individualised practical support to participants and their families/carers.
- Provide responsible & efficient support to NDIS Participants develop their knowledge, experience and connections within their communities and broader systems of support.
- Promote and empower participants with voice and choice of plan implementation that meets their NDIS Plan Goals.
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative, and strategic relationships with key stakeholders to ensure SydWest provides exceptional customer service out outcomes to its NDIS Participants and families.
- Provide Reports & Assessments in a timely manner as requested by the NDIS Team Leader & reporting requirements outlined by the NDIA & NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission Policies & Procedures.
- Participate & Contribute in providing ongoing Continuous Improvement reviews to ensure SydWest’s NDIS Team maintains best practice operational functionality and compliance as per NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission Policies & Procedures.
- Undertake & achieve set targets set in consultation with NDIS Team Leader.
- Adhere to SydWest Policies & Procedures related to the work being undertaken in order to ensure own & others safety and compliance in the workplace.
- Ensure all Support Coordination duties are conducted as per NDIS & NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission policies and procedures.
- Work Collaboratively with team members & contribute to the development of self & others within the NDIS Team.
(Needs to be addressed on a separate document)
- Certificate IV in Community Services, Disability or related area.
- Minimum 1-year experience in Community Services Coordination, Case Management or related role.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, including a high standard of report writing.
- Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and client advocacy skills with the ability to liaise effectively with all key stakeholders including clients, service providers and their communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS & NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to work flexibly to respond to changing client’s needs & to coordinate services according to relevant program guidelines.
- Demonstrated values of integrity, reliability, teamwork and professionalism and a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- High level of providing effective, strength- based case management to clients.
- High level application skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work.
- Ensure confidentiality and discretion to all service matters and client information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Current driver’s license and access to a fully registered motor vehicle with comprehensive insurance.
- Satisfactory Australian Federal Police Check & Working with Children Check
SydWest MS adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety and is a child safe organisation.