SYC has a relentless belief in people and their potential. We provide services that foster wellbeing, independence and opportunity for all Australians.
As a not-for-profit organisation, SYC invests back into the Australian community, helping tens of thousands of people every year with housing, education and employment. Founded in 1958 to support young people experiencing disadvantage, we now extend this expertise to people of all ages
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Officer- Grants and Tenders will undertake a range of activities that include research, data analysis, submission writing, reporting and project coordination to support a variety of funding submissions for new and existing services within our organisation.
As the Project Officer- Grants and Tenders you will deliver high quality project coordination, and grant and tender development aligned to SYC’s Strategic Plan.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with the Development Manager to research and prepare content for tenders, grants and proposals
- Oversee the portfolio of funding activities by researching new funding opportunities, updating the annual opportunity calendar, drafting and supporting the development of grant applications and tenders
- Support service and program innovation and development activities including working with operational teams, clients and stakeholders to develop logic and service delivery models
- Create reports to support funding submissions, including collating qualitative and quantitative data
- Facilitate the launch of newly funded programs and services by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to execute the roll out within the timelines and constraints of the awarded grant or tender
- Develop a high level of understanding of SYC service models and processes by building strong relationships with internal subject matter experts
- Format and prepare high quality documents to support grants and tenders, including creating images and flow charts to visually present information and data
If you have proven success developing grant or tender proposals to achieve funding outcomes, we would love to hear from you!
As the Project Officer - Grants and Tenders it is essential that you have:
- Proven experience and success writing and submitting grant and/or tender proposals, and following up accordingly through the funding process to ensure positive outcomes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven success collating data, analysing content and to support service and proposal development
- High-intermediate, to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, with strong document formatting capabilities
- Strong project coordination skills and the ability to work well under pressure to maintain shifting priorities within allocated timeframes
- Research skills to identify evidence and successful service models, particularly in a social services context
- A collaborative approach to working, with a focus on building and maintaining strong and engaged relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to culture inclusion and promoting an environment where all cultures, beliefs and experiences are respected
SYC is a diverse organisation that offers perks that include salary packaging, professional development and more!
Find out more here, https://www.syc.net.au/about-us/work-for-us/.
SYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud of our diverse workforce. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities to apply.
SYC is a Child Safe organisation and will require the successful candidate to complete pre-employment checks including a Child Related Employment Screening/ WWCC.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Nadia Pachon, Talent and Recruitment Consultant on 0418 297 377.