We have a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join St Vincent's Care Services on a casual basis at our beautiful inner city facility at Bardon.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing resident's needs and discuss the best way to plan and deliver their care
- Ensuring correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment
- Building relationships with the residents to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns
- Preparing and maintaining resident's records
- Working with resident's family members to help educate them and the resident about their overall health condition
- Responding quickly to emergencies
The successful applicant will share a genuine desire to care and assist consumers with a strong person centred care focus and will need to demonstrate:
- Prior experience in a clinical or similar environment
- A Nursing Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (mandatory)
- Exhibit leadership skills with the ability to lead a team by example
- Prior experience with Autumn Care (desirable)
- The ability to participate in and support education activities and to contribute to the development of self and other team members
As a valued employee of St Vincent's Care Services we can offer you:
- Invitation to SVCS Inaugural Yearly Awards Night
- Salary packaging options including an Everyday Purchases Card on a Visa Debit Card - it's the easiest way to salary package your living expenses
- Opportunity to work for the nation's largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider, with a rapidly growing and progressive vision
- A friendly team environment with a great community care spirit
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service
- No cost uniforms and training
- Opportunities for career advancement within SVCS and SVHA hospitals
Founded by the Sisters of Charity, St Vincent's Health Australia has been providing compassionate, high quality health and aged care to the Australian community since 1857. SVCS offers quality residential, community and independent living services through 20 facilities with locations in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity and also promote a smoke free work environment.
At SVCS we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees. As part of SVHA's Commitment to the federal government employment parity initiative we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Interested? Apply today!