- Position Title: Registered Nurse (Correctional Health)
- Employment Type: Maximum Term Full Time/ Part Time 32 hours minimum/ Casual
- Commencement: February/March 2020 up to 6 years
- Hours per week: Up to 38 hours per week
- Position Grade: Registered Nurse
- Salary: $64,184.86 to $90,122.83 plus applicable allowances
- Enterprise Agreement: Named NSW (non-declared) Affiliated Health Organisations' Nurses Agreement, 2017
- Department Name: Correctional Health
- Location: Parklea Corrections Complex, Parklea
St Vincent's is contracted by leading service providers MTC Broadspectrum to deliver health services to Parklea Correctional Centre - a major Sydney prison with capacity for 1,816 male inmates.
What we are looking for:
St Vincent's Correctional Health Sydney is seeking highly experienced and motivated Registered Nurses (Correctional Health) with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our progressive and supportive team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the provision of primary health care, triage and assessment, coordination and delivery of nurse-led clinics, health promotion activities
- Liaison with the interdisciplinary team, care planning and reviews
- Conducting health assessments, alcohol and drug treatment, mental health
- Providing immunisations and chronic disease management. Additionally the position will work with a number of Multiple Disciplinary Teams
The successful applicant(s) will be expected to work a 7 days rotating roster.
What we offer:
- Free Onsite Parking
- Additional payments in the form of a environmental and productivity allowance
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Opportunity to network with fellow colleagues across St Vincent's Health Australia
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent's Health Australia.
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency
- Demonstrated ability to work within the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated computer literacy with email and an electronic patient record system
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated evidence of integration of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills, critical thinking and analysis in their daily practice as a registered nurse
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads with in a complex environment
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.