We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Officer to join St Vincent's Care Services Kangaroo Point in a Permanent Part Time capacity, starting at 2 days per week minimum with the ability to work up to 4 to 5 days a week as needed.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you as a Maintenance Officer at SVCS - Kangaroo Point, you will be responsible for the delivery of a high standard of property services, including repairs and maintenance, to ensure a comfortable and safe environment for our residents and Staff.
Some of the tasks involved in this role include:
- Building general maintenance, planned preventative maintenance, daily corrective maintenance. Tasks involved but not limited to;
- Repairs to plaster walls, filling, sanding, painting, minor plumbing repairs, lamp replacement, minor carpentry works, minor repairs on aged care equipment.
- Coordinating and prioritising corrective maintenance tasks;
- Some garden and grounds maintenance as needed;
- Assisting contractors when required;
- Furniture positioning, removal and delivery;
- Equipment servicing and maintenance plus reporting/removal of unserviceable or damaged equipment.
Successful applicants will have:
- The ability to work autonomously and or with other team members to provide outcomes aligned to St Vincent's Care Services Values and Mission.
- Previous experience in maintenance support;
- The ability to reach own goals and actively assist the maintenance team reach KPI's;
- Excellent customer service;
- Good communication both written and verbal;
- Trade qualification is highly desirable but is not essential.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel.
- The ability to enter and monitor work requests utilising a computer aided maintenance system.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Have a clear understanding of safe Work Health & Safety practices
- Have a current National Police Check or willingness to obtain.
- Trade qualification highly desirable but not essential.
- Current Drivers Licence, Class MR
- Previous experience in aged care, health or hospitality industries.