- Full-time position - 75 hours per fortnight
- Level 5.4 - EBA $75,684
About the role
Provide education and individual advocacy for persons with a disability, their families, carers in North and South East metropolitan Perth region, Midwest and Goldfields/Esperance regions and Great Southern in collaboration with Albany Community Legal Centre.
- A tertiary qualification in human services / social work / behavioural science / community services or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Qualifications or demonstrated suitable experience delivering trauma informed practice.
- Understanding of, and experience in, the provision of advocacy.
- Experience in working with and or advocating for people with a disability or disadvantaged/vulnerable groups and operating within a social justice framework.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, particularly with people with communication impairments.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Current drivers licence and eligibility for a National Police clearance.
- Experience working within a not for profit organisation or similar.
- Previous experience in working with Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islanders, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex people, and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- Previous experience working in the disability sector.
- Travel to remote and regional areas outside normal working hours may be required (including overnight trips on occasion).
A position description is attached.