Sunnyfield is a large non for profit organisation who have been creating choice and opportunity for people living with a disability for over 67 years.
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring House Manager who has the energy, flexibility and skills to provide the best quality support to Sunnyfield's clients and team of Community Support Workers. Our managers no longer do on-call, and no longer have rostering headaches! Our managers also have an internal agency who fills last minute shifts with our own trained casual staff.
About the Role:
- Leading a Group Home located in Mona Vale, Sydney Northern Beaches
- Full Time role, 50% managerial hours and 50% hands on/support work hours
- Supporting 5 female clients with complex needs to live as independently as possible
- Provide leadership & coaching to a team of 6-8 permanent staff and casual staff
- Ensure we provide a quality person-centred service to the residents and their families
- Oversee & manage the ongoing day to day operations of the home
- Work collaboratively with the team on client's individual plans supporting them to achieve their goals and gain new skills
- Manual handling, personal care and household tasks such as menu planning, cooking and cleaning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree or tertiary education in Registered or Enrolled Nurse
- Experience in the disability sector
- Leadership skills - experience managing a group home/independent living
- Experience in building professional relationships with families and stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Service Standards (NDSS)
- Savvy with a range of systems and a quick learner
- Strong administration skills and an ability to multi-task
Sunnyfield can offer staff benefits such as:
- Salary packaging to maximize your earnings
- Career progression to advance & develop
- Full staff support & regular follow ups
- Accredited & paid training
- The opportunity to change people's lives
If you are passionate about making a difference every day, energetic & possess a positive attitude towards working with people with disability and their families, apply now!
Criminal record checks with the NSW Police, Working with Children check, prior employment checks and functional assessments are part of Sunnyfield's recruitment process. To be considered for this opportunity you must have a legal entitlement to work in Australia and hold a current driver's license and First Aid Certificate.