Sunflower House is a place where people with lived experience of mental illness can meet, take part in activities and find the help needed for their mental health journey. Our mission is to deliver a consistently reliable safe and inclusive mainstay for people living with mental illness.
We are currently looking for an experienced Policy Consultant with sector and NDIS knowledge to work on our policies project.
Your strong research and policy background will enable you to successfully implement Sunflower House’s policy priorities. Use your outstanding research and writing skills to develop rigorous and creative content.
Key Selection Criteria
- Knowledge and understanding of the complex issues relating to people with mental illness
- Knowledge of the practice standards required to deliver a mental health service.
- Outstanding research experience and skills including the ability to analyse and summarise complex information from a range of sources and develop recommendations on policy.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with staff, seeking their opinions, involving them in decision making and communicating findings in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, government and political processes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience producing writing that is final version quality ready for publication.
- Ability to develop flow charts
What we offer
- Supportive work environment
- Remote “home office” work environment
- Short term contract 8-12 weeks
For further information, please contact Katy Travers on 02 69318770.