The Summer Foundation’s aim is to resolve the issue of younger people living in Nursing Homes.
Our Mission is to create, lead and demonstrate long-term sustainable change that stops young people from being forced to live in nursing homes because there is nowhere else for them.
The Housing Matching Team - a group of dynamic and passionate people - was created to drive two distinct streams of work which aim to assist people with disability to see the possibilities for a home for themself and have options to choose from and find the home that is right for them.
We have an exciting new program that we will be delivering and we are creating a new and exciting team to work on it! This key member of the team will be a well organised and highly skilled events and administration guru who will undertake key support functions for the whole Housing Options Team.
Your key responsibilities will include, but will definitely not be limited to:
- Undertake delivery of all workshop logistics (venue, catering, materials, booking system, travel, comms to attendees, payments, marketing activities)
- Maintain staff roster to ensure every workshop has a Housing Options facilitator and a lived experience facilitator
- Manage casual staff HR documentation
- Coordinate with the Intrepid and Communications teams the production of video stories
- Coordinate with staff producing resources and Communications team to ensure content and design come together to meet deadlines and produce quality resources
Phone Support Line
- Contribute to the running of the phone support line to provide advice and support
- Act as first point for all incoming calls
- Qualifications in Marketing/Communications, Allied Health or other relevant field
- Employment subject to National Police History Check
Existing Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years experience in organising logistics for events
- Experience providing high level administrative support to teams
- Understanding of the disability sector, barriers, players
- Experience in managing project deliverables
- Experience communicating with people with complex support needs
- Lived experience of disability and housing search
- Video storytelling production
- Design and Development of resources
- Understanding of our customers and stakeholder's needs
- Organised - meets deadlines and has strong accountability
- Strong communication verbally and written to audiences internally and externally and for various levels of experience and knowledge
- Great passion for working with people with disability and championing their voice
Other relevant information
The Summer Foundation is a wonderful organisation and it offers amazing flexibility. Full or part time hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) can be negotiated. We also offer Salary Packaging, a supportive and collaborative team environment and the opportunity to feel good about what you achieve at the end of the day.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Lived experience is valued by the organisation and looked upon favourably.
A position description is attached.