About the Position
The primary role of the National Communications Officer – Drought Program is to communicate with people in regional areas via digital and mainstream media – to draw people to our mission and increase awareness of available support in drought affected areas of Australia.
This position is responsible to the National Drought Coordinator through the National Communications Director, or their delegate, for the following key accountabilities and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (which are outlined at Attachment 1).
- Plan and engage in regional media liaison, directly or through SVDP state offices
- Maintain website content relating to the drought
- Participate and report on social media platforms in relation to the drought
- Build and maintain stakeholder contact lists
- Build and maintain photo library
- Coordinate publications production
- Other duties as directed.
The key accountabilities and the associated KPIs cannot be delegated without the authority of the CEO or their delegate. Other duties may be required, as directed, commensurate with skills and abilities.
- Tertiary qualifications in graphic design or communications.
- Two years of experience in a tactical digital marketing role – successful track records with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
- Demonstrated experience creating engaging content across digital channels using skills such as copywriting, editing, graphic design, photography and video production.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships.
- Demonstrated time management skills, including the ability to prioritise, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Solid experience with Google Analytics.
- Proven experience with social media platforms and content management systems.
- Proven experience managing projects on-time and to budget.
- Solid data analysis and data visualisation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and online collaboration platforms.
- Graphic design skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, continuous improvement, risk management, and work health and safety.
- Videography and photography skills including editing.
A Position Description is attached.