It’s an exciting time to be part of our journey. You may have noticed we’ve recently changed our name from Aftercare to Stride.
We began simply to help people find a place to live and work, now we’re leaders in early childhood intervention and working to expand our youth and adult specialist services. That’s meant our brand has evolved too.
Stride reflects our focus on the prevention and treatment of mental health conditions – building on the work we do with families and communities to roll out more evidence-based services.
- Based in Bardwell Park
- Part-time & Permanent opportunity (as well as casual positions available)
- Paying on Schads Level 2 plus Super
- Plus salary packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Plus Leave loading at 17.5%
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company rewards scheme
- Excellent training & career development
- Provide quality support and services to people with a mental illness, who live in supported accommodation.
- Provide support that is client focused, community oriented, and sensitive.
- Assist people with a mental illness to maintain key organisational and other relationships, which facilitate independent living.
- Increase access and equity for clients within a "collaborative recovery model of psychosocial rehabilitation".
- Assist people with mental illness to improve daily living skills.
- Encourage clients to practice personal hygiene and educate on healthy living habits
- Encourage clients to assist in daily household tasks.
- Mentor clients in building productive relationships and using effective conflict resolution strategies.
- Minimum of Cert IV in mental health or community services related discipline (ideally a completed diploma or degree)
- Demonstrated effective listening, empathy and communication skills
- Experience in working with people experiencing mental illness
- Ability to think and act calmly and deal sensitively with distressed people
- Understanding of the principles of duty of care, rights to privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to help program participants link in with other relevant community resources and to promote the rights, responsibilities and recovery of program participants
- Demonstrated ability to work with families, carers, government agencies and community services
- Willingness to abide by the Disability Services Acts and Standards and Work Health & Safety Act
- Competence with Microsoft Office
- Must be available for both day, weekend and overnight shifts
- Current driver's license
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Closing date for applications: Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt.