We’re leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
It's an exciting time to be part of our journey! Join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
- Full-time & Permanent
- Based in Lilyfield (with remote working options)
- Excellent Base salary plus Super
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free)
- Meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Excellent training and career development
- Supportive team environment
You will report to and work closely with the General Manager People & Culture and play a key part in the achievement of our Best People strategy. Leading a small team, focussed on operational excellence, performance and outcomes, you will work alongside the leadership team, and be accountable for leading the P&C operational requirements; creating a great employee experience; implementing operational efficiencies and collaborating across a number of projects. You will be adept at leading the operational aspects of P&C, but also big picture thinking within your areas of influence. You will provide expert advice on operational people matters, including case management oversight, award interpretation, compliance, risks, issues and workforce trends.
You will be responsible for:
- Championing the retention and development of a committed, capable and specialist workforce through our established HR Business Partnering model
- Developing, implementing, reviewing and refining policies and procedures that ensure compliance with legislative requirements to promote a safe, healthy and positive working environment
- Driving culture and engagement activities to continue fostering a great place to work
- Performance planning, development & succession, remuneration & benefits
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, Awards and policies to mitigate any risks to the business.
- Ensuring governance & compliance across policies, procedures, employment data, documentation, and reporting.
- Driving continuous improvement across people and culture practices and procedures.
- Leading projects that help build the capability of our workforce
- You will be a skilled and engaging people and culture manager, stretching and developing the team in relation to contemporary people practices
- Acting as a point of issue escalation, you will offer advice, mentoring, development and technical leadership to continuously evolve and support leaders on best practice people initiatives
- A great communicator, influencer and problem solver that works closely with internal stakeholders
- Ideally, you will have 5 – 7+ years HR experience (including leading teams)
- Experience in community services or health-related areas is desirable
- Leading and managing change in a growing and challenging environment
- A current and practical working knowledge of employment-related legislation and application of best practice, including working with Awards
- Proven experience driving improved employee engagement & retention
- Worked with and implemented remuneration and benefits, with advanced working knowledge of excel
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and working collaboratively within and across teams
- A great communicator, influencer and problem solver that works closely with our service teams to understand their needs
- Tertiary qualifications in HR/Business Management/Social Sciences
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to people with a lived experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and considered as received.
For any queries please email email@example.com using the subject line: National Manager - People & Culture enquiry via EthicalJobs.