The Housing First Rapid Response Team leader will provide guidance, coordination, and supervision to team members to meet the expected outcomes for this program including.
- Providing support to the program team as required, including assisting and monitoring caseloads, compliance with legislation, funding and agency guidelines and organisation policy and procedures.
- Liaising with Project Manager Housing First Rapid Response Team to:
- Ensure the team have the resources and support required,
- Undertake performance development monitoring and review of staff reporting to this position
- Assist with complex cases
- Be available to start immediately.
- Have experience working with street present people
- Be familiar with the Housing First principles
- Excellent working knowledge of health, mental health, AOD and mainstream services
- Be flexible to work across multiple locations.
- Significant Assertive Outreach Homelessness / Housing Support experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide support to individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, risk of homelessness which may include substance abuse, disability and mental health issues
- Excellent knowledge and experiencing of support services including mental health, AOD services
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities particularly regarding transience and homelessness, trauma, cultural awareness and sensitivities.
You must have or able to obtain prior to commencement:
- Current C class drivers licence
- Current National Police Clearance Check
A position description is attached.