- St Laurence House Youth Service - Kingsford
- Female casual positions SACS 3:1
- Female permanent part-time position 3:1 (20 hours)
Applications are being sought by Saint Laurence House, from suitably experienced & qualified females to work as a Casual Youth Worker Within our residential program, as we are expanding our existing team. We also have a permanent part-time position available.
To be female is a genuine requirement for these positions under (Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977)
- At least two years’ experience working in a residential setting
- In-depth working knowledge of Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- Ability to cook and prepare nutritious meals for residents
- Able to provide direct care for young people.
- Qualifications in the social sciences / Youth Work
- Excellent Conflict management Skills Awareness of issues facing homeless youth.
- A sound knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to Child Protection
- Current driver’s license
- Current First Aid certificate
- Local knowledge of “First to Know” agencies
- Proven track record in Industry-led networking and communication
- Experience in working with a strength-based approach to client case management
- A knowledge of Trauma-Informed care and its practice
- The ability to deliver a living skills program to include healthy nutrition & cookery
- Basic budget management & tenancy management
- Contribution to program promotion including contribution to policy & research
- Administrative processes, including Microsoft Office applications
St Laurence House is a smoke-free working environment.
This is a young people-related employment position under child protection legislation. It is an offence for a prohibited person to apply for this position. Applicants must have a current Working with Children Check (Paid Worker) clearance prior to applying and be an Australian resident for employment purposes and a national police check.
How to apply for the Working with Children Check?
Visit the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian website for more information and legislative requirements.
A position description is attached.