- 12 month fixed-term position
About the Company
St John Ambulance is a world-class health services organisation that provides First Aid expertise, products and training and community support programs.
About the role
We are looking for a Community Services Specialist to provide business development, community education, marketing and consumer support to all St John Community Services programs and other St John departments. A significant component of this role is connection with potential partners and clients to increase funding, education and knowledge, client participation and service utilisation, marketing and promotion of St John Qld to a broad audience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the community services management and functional leadership teams to actively and progressively build business and brand capacity
- Meet KPI’s relating to revenue growth for Community and Volunteer Services, and build a comprehensive brand dialogue, communication tools, marketing capability to positively promote St John, its programs and prospective partnerships in tenders, grants, partnerships, presentations, events / promotional activities and to the broader Community
- Support and action business and administrative related tasks for management to ensure back end capability is built to support community facing communication and promotion. Including, but not restricted to, Professional memberships, Contract Management, System Administration and Reporting, Community Consultation and Client Engagement Marketing and promotional collateral and building a comprehensive Community Services portfolio.
- Previous experience working within the community services not for profit sector
- Ability to manage MOU’s, contracts and budget process
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing campaigns and promotions including social media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong coordination and administration skills
- Ability to commit, support and promote the organisation’s Vision, Mission and Values, and strategic and business direction of St John Qld
Conditions of Employment
- 12 months fixed term with the option of extension
- Full-time position (38 hours per week)
- Business hours 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday but some out of hours may be required to meet program and client needs
- Charity and Not-for-Profit sector tax benefits via salary packaging (after 3 months service)
- St John employs on merit but also values diversity in their workforce to reflect the diversity profile of their community and client base
- Initial enquiries to Julie on 07 3632 9955