- Job Reference: SBH-20
- Job Type: Permanent Full time (8.30am – 4.30pm)
- Remuneration: $54,972 per annum (Level 2)
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: East Perth
St Barts is currently looking for an individual with exceptional customer service skills and front desk experience to join our team at East Perth. As a Customer Relations Administrator, you will be the face of the organisation and be the first point of contact for all of St Barts consumers, residents, clients, visitors and all internal and external stakeholders.
Many of St Barts consumers are experiencing issues with mental illness, addiction, trauma, and homelessness, and the front desk is the first point of call for enquiries and assistance. We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, has the ability to listen attentively, respond promptly, and can convey information to people clearly and simply in a way that means things are understood. You must be able to think quickly on your feet, maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude, and can relate to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Your ability to create a welcoming and supportive environment is paramount.
This position would suit someone who is able to hit the ground running and make the position their own, someone who is passionate about helping people, has a can-do attitude where no job is too big, and can demonstrate a strong work ethic.
You must be able to demonstrate initiative, juggle multiple tasks within required timeframes, and be detail conscious. Previous experience in a similar position will be advantageous.
You will play an integral part in delivering an outstanding customer experience. Your role is to greet all visitors, direct services, manage the day to day running of front reception and all incoming and outbound calls and queries. In addition, you will also be responsible for general administrative duties as required to support the wider organisation, including invoicing, stock ordering, data entry, creating documents, reporting and management of databases.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for all consumers and visitors
- Administration duties with a high level of attention to detail
- Responding promptly to all enquiries
- Effectively manage high volume of inbound calls and make outbound calls as required
- Building rapport with internal and external stakeholders and deliver excellent customer service
- Manage Vehicle Calendar Bookings and other booking and scheduling requirements
- Assist with admin tasks as required which may include collating correspondence, general ad hoc administrative duties, maintaining databases, ordering stationery, creating documents
- Coordinate incoming/outgoing mail, including necessary mail merges, mail outs and couriers
- Ensure the reception desk is covered during times away from the desk
- Ensure reception area is well presented, clean, tidy and maintained
- Ensure Reception Procedure Manual is up to date at all times and reflects the true duties of the position
- Ordering Stationery, Stock and processing purchase orders and invoicing
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria:
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position.
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Administration, Business or similar discipline
- Understanding of working in Homelessness and or Mental Health environments
- At least three (5) years demonstrated experience relevant to the position
- Sensitivity to and understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged groups
- Demonstrated ability and experience in dealing with complex and challenging consumers/clients, people with disability and/or people from non-english speaking backgrounds
- Previous administrative and frontline customer service/reception experience
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Good administrative skills– able to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines
- Strong customer service skills, with an ability to present a calm demeanour in high stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability in being able to build rapport easily
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to work well in a team and with limited supervision
- Courteous and professional telephone manner
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to Apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact HR Manager Maja Gray on (08) 9323 5186.