Stars Foundation delivers high-quality, intensive school based engagement programs for First Nations girls in schools across WA, NT, VIC and QLD. The purpose of Stars Foundation is to increase attendance, engagement and Year 12 completion of students and support the successful transition to employment or further study for First Nations girls.
Further information about Stars Foundation can be found on our Website, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn social media pages.
About the Role:
Mentors work as part of a team to achieve improved educational outcomes for girls and young women in the Stars program.
We are seeking an energetic, experienced person with a background or interest in Aboriginal education to work with the Stars Foundation Program in Bunbury.
The successful applicant/s will have (selection criteria):
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with Aboriginal girls, based on trust and respect
- Able to work with and embrace a culturally diverse workforce
- Ability to work with passion, energy and respect
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience in an educational or community development setting
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Water based qualifications or capacity to obtain is not essential but will be highly desirable
- Current Working with Children Check Card (or willing to obtain)
- Current Police Clearance (not older than 3 months, or willing to obtain)
In addition, the Program Coordinator role requires:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands within limited timeframes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound computer skills
- Demonstrated skills in implementing policies and procedures
- Able to embrace a culturally diverse workforce
- Innovative and thinks adaptively about problem resolution
What Stars offer:
- Competitive remuneration package, in the range of $50,000+ depending on experience
- Full-time, fixed term contract
- The opportunity to be a part of a growing organisation that has a positive impact in the lives of First Nations students, their families and communities
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply.
Stars Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact Stars Foundation at email@example.com, using the subject line: Program Mentor / Coordinator - Bunbury enquiry via EthicalJobs.