Starlight is Australia’s broadest reaching children's charity. Our in-hospital programs are delivered every day to children around the country, lifting their spirits, building resilience and forming an integral part of their total care. We look after children of all ages, all illnesses and injuries and help sick kids forget they're sick for a while to re-discover the joy of childhood.
Now Starlight is looking for a Digital Fundraising Specialist (Acquisition and Conversion Marketing Focus) to join our Community Fundraising Team and work on growing sustainable revenue. Our Community Fundraising Team is at the forefront of digital fundraising innovation here at Starlight having launched two new virtual fundraising challenges including Sugar Free Me and the Starlight Super Swim in 2018 and changing the way we fundraise at Starlight. With this growth comes an increased need for an experienced acquisition and conversion specialist and that’s where you come in!
About the Role
This newly created, hands-on role is reporting directly to the Community Fundraising Manager and will be responsible for delivering community fundraising campaigns across digital channels with a strong focus on acquisition; implementing strategies that are aimed at generating fundraiser/customer leads and conversion to ultimately maximise return on investment and achieve sustainable income growth. You will be comfortable to take an idea and execute with little direction and enjoy pushing the envelope and thinking outside the box when developing campaigns.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the implementation & optimisation of Starlight’s community fundraising strategy that is under-pinned by peer-to-peer (individuals raising money on Starlight’s behalf through their networks) and encompasses sporting and personal/ corporate challenge events and virtual fundraising challenges such as the Starlight Super Swim, Sugar Free Me and Starlight Day
- Deliver, create and implement multi-channel, acquisition driving initiatives and campaigns across PPC, display, social media, re-targeting, email and television
- Be part of the implementation team for digital fundraising technology solutions that empower our fundraisers to reach their goals and optimise the online fundraising experience
- Deliver meaningful acquisition tests and funnel improvements across all acquisition channels
- Identify opportunities for website improvements across Starlight’s Community fundraising portals to increase fundraiser acquisition and conversion on site
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (copy writing, images or video) that builds meaningful connections and encourage community engagement including social media
- Own, drive & report on key metrics related to acquisition, conversion, channel performance & growth utilising Google Analytics, Salesforce Dashboards and other performance measurement tools
- Develop journey maps for fundraiser/customer acquisition through email and SMS
- Work closely with MarComms and agency partners related to paid digital media, digital content, creative, user experience and technology implementation to executive compelling fundraising campaigns
- Conduct regular research and ad-hoc data analysis to identify new opportunities for growth
- Drive the creation of relevant dashboards and reports to measure performance & build insights
The best candidate will have:
- Relevant Qualification in Business, Digital Marketing or equivalent work experience
- At least 2+ years of customer/fundraiser acquisition marketing experience
- Comprehensive understanding and hand-on experience of digital acquisition channels like email, SEM, PPC, and social is a must along with strong analytical skills.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google or Adobe Tag Manager, Google AdWords, FB Business Manager & other paid advertising tools
- Experience using Salesforce, WordPress, Adobe Target, Marketing Cloud and online fundraising tools like Raisely highly desirable
- A “lean start up” (build-measure-learn) mindset, with an ambitious focus on growth
- Proven track record in achieving growth using “data as central” mindset and digital platforms/tools
- Excellent project management skills, including timeline management, budgeting and reporting
- Ability to deliver compelling fundraising campaign concepts and deliver copy that drives conversions
- Curious and solution focused with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven ability to manage relationships with key partners, customers and internal stakeholders
- Team player with a “roll up your sleeves approach”
What we offer you:
At Starlight you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Starlight is more than just a job. It’s the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand whilst making a positive impact on the lives of sick kids every day.
- We’re serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
- We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
- We’re fun, diverse and passionate about doing good and meaningful work
- We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and doers
Sound like you? Send your application today to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
We are committed to providing positive experiences in an environment that’s caring, nurturing and safe. Successful applicants will therefore undertake a Working With Children Check and a National Police Check.
Starlight's vision for reconciliation is to embed values of awareness, acknowledgement and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their culture within our organisation. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
No agencies please.