WHO WE ARE:
SMART Recovery Australia governs and supports over 350 addiction recovery meetings located across Australian, New Zealand and online. The SMART Recovery program is currently embedded in over 100 government and non-government organisations across Australia, while the program exists in over 25 countries worldwide.
The SMART Recovery is a mutual-aid and strengths-based program where trained facilitators, often peers, lead group discussions that assist people struggling with addictive behaviours. It is practical and solution-focused, using evidence-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) tools and techniques to help people achieve their recovery goals. Group participants help themselves and each other.
WHAT THE ROLE IS:
Recently, we have all experienced the challenges of being stuck at home. This exciting new online project will allow SMART participants to continue to engage with SMART from the comfort of their own office, home, or garden shed (as long as it has internet connection).
The role of SMART Recovery Australia’s Program Coordinator will be to support the on-going development and running of the online SMART Recovery program and will work alongside the National Program Manager (Online lead), the overall SMART team, and other stakeholders. Additionally, some organisational networking and relationship development will be involved.
We are looking for a professional, flexible, fun and engaging coordinator who can adapt and think on their feet. The role will be autonomous but will have ongoing support and supervision to achieve the best outcomes.
- 37.5 hours per week (exclusive of meal breaks)
- Commencement end of June/early July
- This is a 12-month project (possible extension dependent on funding and performance)
- Business hours between 8:00 am - 6:00 pm (SRAU has flexible ethos - outside of these hours to be negotiated)
- Remuneration based on knowledge and experience - up to $80.000 per annum
- SMART Recovery Australia offers salary packaging
- Probation period
- Time-in-Lieu to be negotiated
WHERE IT WILL BE:
- This role can be based in Brisbane, QLD, or in Sydney (Pyrmont), NSW
- Some working from home is an option
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are proactive and have a can-do attitude
- You are easy to get on with, show empathy and a good listener
- Very organised
- Have great relational and communication skills
- You are not afraid to ask questions
- You like juggling things (preferably tasks but optional circus balls)
- You like learning and can adapt easily
THE SKILLS YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Experience in coordinating programs and staff
- Experience in using online platforms and technology
- Experience in a helping role such as Counselling, Case Management or similar discipline
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy principles
- Experienced in office administrative duties
- Express excellent customer service skills
- Confidence in work independently, and as part of a small team
- Hold an appropriate tertiary qualification
- An understanding of project management
- Have worked in a marketing environment; including digital and/or sales
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management System and event management systems (e.g. Salesforce, Arlo)
- Have awareness of the alcohol and other drugs, addictions and mental health fields
- Experience in paid or voluntary work for a Not-for-Profit organisation