Who are we?
At Sonder, we’ve been helping people across South Australia to improve their wellbeing and live better lives since 1993. We support thousands of people each year with mental health challenges, drug and alcohol use concerns, chronic disease management and employment.
What benefits can we offer?
When you work with Sonder, you become part of the Sonder family and that provides you with a number of benefits such as:
- Super is paid on top of annual salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development Allowance
- Generous salary packaging options
- Meal & entertainment allowances
- Paid parental leave, and much more!
Sonder are open to negotiating further benefits with the successful applicant to ensure an excellent working environment for you.
Learn about the traineeship:
- Work to obtain a HLT30113 Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care.
- Traineeship and Certificate to be undertaken over a 12-month period.
- In person training.
- Traineeship salary is calculated based on the number of years out of school.
Learn about the position:
This position is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Identified position and is exempt under the Equal Opportunity Act (1984). The position will only be open to those who identify as of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Location: Port Pirie and surrounding areas.
Hours: 1FTE (Full Time).
The Trainee Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Outreach Worker (Trainee ATSIOW) will work closely with the CTG ITC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Outreach Worker within the region and other CTG ITC team members to better connect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to health services that will improve the health outcomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and reduce the barriers to access appropriate primary health care services.
Reporting directly to the CTG ITC Team Leader, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Works together with the ATSIOW to:
- Establish links with local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to encourage and support the increased use of primary health care services in their region.
- Assist in liaising with health providers including GP’s, Nurses, Allied Health, Specialist, Aboriginal Health Workers and other Primary Health and administrative staff to support the successful implementation of referral pathways.
- Assist in liaising between Aboriginal community members and health services and other community service organisations.
- Provide support in community engagement activities directed by the CTG ITC regional Team Leader that will promote engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strat Islander community members.
- Assist in providing practical assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in attending appointments and to access other health services as required, including follow up care, specialist services and community pharmacy.
- Assist in encouraging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to identify their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status and assist them to register for a Medicare card.
- Some experience in engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members and/or individuals.
- Knowledge and experience in using the Microsoft suite of software and databases.
- Willingness to undertake HLT30113 Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care training under the traineeship funded through the Closing the Gap package.
- A drivers license is a requirement for this position.
*We encourage all applicants to read through the full position description before applying. This can be found at http://sonder.net.au/careers/
Please note: In accordance with the state government directive of vaccination mandates for healthcare setting workers, it is a condition of employment that you have received the required dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccination or an endorsed medical exemption.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume to Sonder via our careers portal on our website.
Feel free to send any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Trainee Outreach Worker enquiry via EthicalJobs.