Somerville has been operating in the Top End for over 50 years. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are a vibrant, multicultural organisation and a leading provider of social services in the Northern Territory. Last year alone we supported thousands of individuals and families through our three program arms: Housing and Homelessness, Financial Services and Disability Services.
The Katherine Regional Manager will:
- Provide oversight of and supervision to the Housing and Homelessness and Financial Counselling Services programs in Katherine.
- Work with the General Manager Community Services in the development of potential business growth.
- Maintain an active caseload within the most relevant program area related to their skills and expertise (Financial Counselling or Housing & Homelessness Services). This will include the provision of Emergency Relief and No Interest Loan Scheme services. This will equate to 0.6FTE (3 days per week).
- Provide on the ground support and guidance on an as needed basis to the Katherine Disability Services program staff in consultation with the Manager Disability Services Operations and or the Director of Disability.
- Identify, oversee and implement program aims and strategic objectives in accordance with statutory requirements and Somerville policies and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of all designated programs and activities in Katherine.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualification/experience working in the human services or Financial Counselling or relevant finance experience.
- Understanding of the operational context and delivery of social services in the NT.
- Proven creative and effective management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly developed organisational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and meet the demands of multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism in the confidential management of all organisational, client and employee information.
- Extensive experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse cultures (Desirable).
- Three relevant references, including current or most recent manager.
- Current Northern Territory Drivers Licence or willingness to change to NT licence and the ability to travel independently.
- Current National Criminal History Check.
- Working with Children Clearance (NT Ochre Card).
- First Aid Certificate.
- Vaccinations - Influenza, Hepatitis A and B.
A position description is attached.
For more information please contact Manager, People & Culture on 08 8920 4100.
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.