About the business
Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are growing our high quality, personalised services to the Northern Territory community and exciting new opportunities are emerging for the right candidates. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people with a 'can do' attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
About the role
The role is to work with the NDIS Project Coordinator to support Somerville in its role to appropriately and diligently operate within the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The role will be responsible for:
- Developing, monitoring and reporting on Supported Independent Living submissions.
- Supporting the contracting element of service delivery through service agreements and schedules of support for SIL, MTA, STA, Support Coordination and LSDP.
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or extensive experience in the disability, community services and/or human services sector.
- Demonstrated understanding, knowledge and skill in working within the parameters of the NDIS and the NDIS quality and safeguarding framework.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strengths-based, person-centred approach to working collaboratively with people with disability, their carers and families to achieve outcomes.
- Highly developed organisational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and meet the demands of multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience implementing process/procedures with a customer experience focus.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism in the confidential management of all organisation, client and employee information.
- Current National Criminal History Check
- Current Working With Children Clearance (NT Ochre Card)
- Current NT Drivers Licence and the ability to travel independently.
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate.
- Vaccinations - Influenza, Hepatitis A and B.
For more information please contact Manager, People & Culture on 89204100.
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Peoples are encouraged to apply