Social Traders is the national trailblazer of social enterprise procurement. We create a more inclusive and equitable Australia by making buying from social enterprise the norm.
As the Social Procurement Lead you will be the Social Traders expert on the specifics of the social enterprise and social procurement ecosystem in Queensland and Northern Territory.
This is a matrix role that brings a QLD/NT focus to multiple organisational functions and works in partnership with other leaders across the business:
- State ecosystem building and positioning
- Partnerships and collaborations, in particular the state social enterprise networks (QSEC & Impact North)
- Government engagement, covering social enterprise procurement policy, contracts & service delivery
- Social enterprise lead conversion
- Business member lead conversion
- Relationship management of key member accounts
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills at senior levels. You will have a track record of building trusted external partnerships. You will bring a solid understanding of the social procurement policy environment and the social enterprise ecosystem in Queensland and Northern Territory.
Experience, competencies & skills for your role
- Degree qualified in a relevant field. Post graduate qualifications viewed favourably.
- 5+ years relevant senior experience, including advocacy, partnerships and stakeholder management.
- Strong skills in relationship management and stakeholder engagement, including building partnerships and collaborations.
- Knowledge of the policy environment around social procurement and social enterprise more broadly (inc. other impact measurement frameworks eg ESG, SDGs, modern slavery etc).
- Strong knowledge of social enterprise business and impact models & relevance in the social procurement marketplace.
- Strong existing state/territory connections and networks that are relevant to the development of the social enterprise procurement ecosystem.