- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Full time, maximum term contract (7-8 months duration commencing January 2021)
- Role based at Blacktown, NSW
As the Program Specialist, your role will be to support and coordinate the successful delivery of student2student (s2s) within New South Wales and ACT. This role provides leadership and guidance to the Learning for Life team around what successful delivery will look like and operates as a subject matter expert within the state.
Every day in the life of a s2s Program Specialist will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Program Manager to deliver student2student program successfully; take initiative to provide direction to team members and volunteers and respond to challenges as they occur
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with program representatives from partner schools and relevant community agencies, including initial and ongoing training
- Monitor and report on participants’ program progress to Learning for Life Program Coordinators, and program representatives from partner schools and relevant community organisations or directly to participant’s parents/caregivers Ensure CONNECT data entry is correct and timely
- Appropriately manage any Child Protection concerns within TSF’s framework, with support from Regional Programs Manager
- Providing clear and relevant updates, direction and support to team members across different levels and functional areas
- Provide appropriate mentoring and support to new Learning for Life Program Coordinators and new Program Specialists
- Direct management of volunteers involved in student2student
- Facilitating volunteer training
- Ongoing support management of volunteers so as to influence the maintenance of satisfaction rates and to ensure volunteers speak highly of their experience with TSF and to retain volunteers year to year
- Training of student volunteer ‘Buddies’ and troubleshooting program engagement/satisfaction issues as needed
- Support the development of required resources, both internal & external, including but not limited to promotional materials, training materials, etc.
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our s2s Program Specialists. Our chosen candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in program delivery
- Exceptional ability to establish, build and maintain internal and external networks and relationships
- Demonstrated experience in organisational administration (including computer literacy and time management)
- Demonstrated experience in presenting and facilitating
- Highly effective communication skills that demonstrate professional and appropriate language in written and verbal form for a variety of audiences
- Ability to identify problems and communicate these to the appropriate people along with possible solutions
Ideally, you will have a Tertiary qualification, preferably in the areas of project management or social services as well as demonstrated experience in program management and training. We are seeking someone with the ability to build strong working relationships and manage the contribution of volunteers from a variety of backgrounds. You will be capable of working independently, but also able lead and be part of a team, with proven time management skills with the ability to plan and project anticipated workloads.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter addressing the six bullet points listed above.
For further information, please contact Caitlin Thomas on 0436 333 846.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.