- Join an organisation that's making a genuine difference to the lives of some of Australia’s most disadvantaged kids and families
- Full time contract to March 2022
- Flexible location: Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne
Reporting to the National Manager, Strategic Initiatives, your role will be to inform, monitor and coordinate the practice of On PAR pilot nationally and contribute to program policy and evolving design.
Each day will be different, but primarily you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead pilot site teams to ensure a consistent, coherent and evidence based practice approach for On PAR pilot.
- Develop appropriate practice tools and resources for testing, monitor use of tools and make changes as per practice evidence and action learning framework
- Be the conduit with Parenting Research Centre and pilot sites. Facilitate expectation setting and TSF informed practice design (exploration and design phase).
- Coordinate with Parenting Research Centre for the implementation of the Practice Framework in pilot sites.
- Monitor data in CRM and practice feedback to identify potential practice variables and take a strengths based approach to address these variables.
- Liaise with on PAR Program Manager/s to identify professional development areas for caseworkers.
- Document and ensure practice wisdom is reflected in program policy and design.
- Contribute to on-going pilot program design iteration taking a ‘try, test, learn’ approach
- Facilitate and support Policy and Practice workshops.
- Ensure that Child Safe Principles and inclusive practice are embedded in our ways of working.
- Support National Manager in On PAR governance (data, reporting) including Advisory Group/s
- Support site teams in having the ‘voice of the customer’ shape practice.
- Identify, document and develop effective communication strategies to share best practice approaches
- Facilitate the delivery of capacity development opportunities such as ‘learning circle’ and Yammer forums
- Proactively engage with evaluation team to ensure effective qualitative practice data sharing and understanding of lead indicators to shape practice.
Our successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in a Social Service/Community Development related discipline and at least five years’ experience in a relevant role
- Demonstrated experience of leading implementation of evidence-based policy and program design
- Demonstrated experience in translating policy guidelines into practice resources.
- High level experience in developing and leading reflective practice approach to direct service delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘systems change’ and community development.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills tailored for different audiences.
- High level of data literacy.
- Problem solving and analytical capability
- Capacity to manage multiple components of complex projects and work in a flexible way.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, please click apply, we’d love to hear from you. You may view the position description at attached. For any other information, please contact Sulabha Pawar (National Manager, Strategic Initiatives) at Sulabha.Pawar@thesmithfamily.com.au, using the subject line: On PAR Practice Lead - Flexible location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
A position description is attached.