- Be a part of an organisation that helps make a genuine difference
- Sydney, NSW
- Full-time max term to December 2021
We are looking for a hands-on Data Warehouse developer with to join the The Smith Family (TSF) Technology team. As the Data Warehouse Developer, you will provide support and develop analytical and evidence based decision systems which provide business units with the information about The Smith Family, its students, families and supporters.
A day in the life of the Data Warehouse Developer might look like this, but in reality, every day will be different:
- Develop and support Data warehouse platform using Azure Cloud technologies;
- Support current and extend data models and sources into the data warehouse;
- Design, develop, monitor and tune data loads and queries
- Develop and support Power BI reports and dashboards;
- Perform complex Data analysis using T-SQL and DAX;
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues including root cause analysis;
- Document detailed designs based on business requirements;
- Develop and support SharePoint and Power Automate applications;
To be considered for this exciting and rewarding opportunity, you will be someone with
- Demonstrated experience working on Data Warehouse and Analytics platforms
- Understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, architecture, software, data modelling techniques and implementation
- Strong conceptual and analytical data skills and proven ability to resolve complex data problems using innovative technology solutions
- Good verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and tuning SQL Server (stored procedures, functions and views, SSIS package creation and maintenance, ETL concepts, data modelling)
- Experience with ADF, AAS, SQL MI, Key Vault and other Microsoft Azure technologies is essential
- Experience working with Dynamics 365, SharePoint and Power Automate desirable
Our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family is rewarding; they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, please click apply, we’d love to hear from you.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.