This position is responsible for the overall management and growth of Shepparton Villages support at home programs which currently incorporates Home Care and Short-Term Restorative Care. Key priorities of this position include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of our Support at Home Program
- Further enhancing the knowledge of our programs across the community, especially SRV’s Independent Living Units
- Growing the program (particularly home care package numbers) in line with strategic directions of organisation and the federal government reforms for support at home
- Identify potential business opportunities and develop business plans to grow the program
- Provide advice and assistance on the day to day running of the Restorative Care Program when required
- Partnering with consumers to develop and implement goal driven care plans.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with other agencies in the community to meet the consumer needs
- Ensuring that the care that is delivered - reflects the consumer’s needs as recorded in their individual care plan
- Ensuring each consumer is aware of and understands their individualised budget and that services provided remain within this budget
- Ensuring that each program meets accreditation and budget
- Ensure all programs pass accreditation at all times
The incumbent must be committed to our Mission of ‘Enriching the lives of the people in our care’ and demonstrate our values of Choice, Respect, Care, Passion and Teamwork along with the associated behaviours.
Key Selection Criteria:
- An Allied Health Professional/ Registered Nurse Div 1 with current registration with AHPRA
- Strong community networks and a strong ability to engage with key stakeholders and influence and deliver outcomes
- A strong, demonstrable knowledge of community programs, Home Care packages and Short-Term Restorative Care packages
- Demonstrated success in developing and growing care at home programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills alongside strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent assessment and care planning skills
- Demonstrable success as a people manager
- Financial management/budgetary and reporting skills required to manage and grow a community program
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals within time frames and within budget
- Working knowledge of Aged Care Standards and program guidelines
- Innovative problem solving abilities eg how to meet and exceed consumer goals and care needs
- The position is permanent full time within business hours Monday to Friday
- A satisfactory police check/criminal record check is required prior to employment and every three years
- The probationary period for this position is 6 months
- Terms and conditions are provided by the 2019 Shepparton Retirement Villages Enterprise Agreement and our policies and procedures (as varied from time to time).
Classification: Allied Health Grade 4yr1 (Public Sector Rate) or RN level 6 (SRV EBA rate)
Benefits: A safe and supportive work environment, salary packaging (Not for Profit sector), working in a values based organisation focused on quality and growth.
Further enquires: Contact Carmen Saunders on 03 5832 0800.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role. If you are interested, we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
A position description is attached.