Shepparton Foodshare is seeking to appoint a warehouse superstar to join its small, yet critical dedicated and community spirited team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating all operations in the busy warehouse in Mooroopna, that on average sees more than 350,000 kgs of food rescued/donated and distributed annually to people in need. The role includes the recruitment and co-ordination of a large team of volunteers.
The successful applicant will meet the key selection criteria below, have demonstrated warehouse and stakeholder management experience, a proven ability to lead and multi-task and have high level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work closely with the Executive Officer to facilitate desired outcomes.
- Coordinate volunteers who work in the warehouse and drive the Foodshare van collecting and delivering food and ensure a safe working environment.
- Train and induct new volunteers.
- Support Administration Officer position in relation to data collection, reporting, and finance.
- Provide monthly reports to the Executive Officer.
- Assist Fundraising, Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator with promotion of Foodshare and grant applications as required.
- Implement food safety standards in relation to incoming and outgoing food, freezers, and cool room equipment.
- Liaise with local supermarkets, manufacturers, and growers regarding food donations.
- Order food products online from Foodbank Victoria and liaise with food rescue partners regarding regular food swaps to diversify product.
- Load and unload trucks and food vans using walk behind forklift (no license required).
- Oversee volunteer working groups to develop operational systems, organisational structures, and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Prepare and lead monthly volunteer Toolbox meetings.
A position description is attached.