South Eastern Community Connect is seeking a permanent part time Recreational Activities Officer to assist the Centre Coordinator in the monthly planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and activities at our dementia day centre located at Rushcutters Bay.
- Certificate III in Leisure and Lifestyle/ Aged Care or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Previous experience working with the frail aged and people living with dementia and their carers.
- Experience in a similar role in a Day Centre or Residential Aged Care Facility.
- Proven ability to monitor and review the social and recreational needs of elderly people.
- Ability to identify and understand issues affecting people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to assist and understand people with complex care needs.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated high level computer skills.
- Demonstrated client liaison and support skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective general administration skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of South East Sydney community and local agencies
- Ability to speak a community language
- Current drivers licence
Common Selection Criteria
Knowledge of EEO, WHS and Anti-Discrimination
25-30 hours Per Week Monday to Friday
26 months fixed contract with review to continue
A full position description is available below.