- Are you a health professional/educator with a zest for improving primary care?
- Work with stakeholders across general practice, allied health, and health networks
- Full-time ongoing role
Work in a close knit multi-disciplinary team, and with a wide range of stakeholders, to support GPs and other primary health providers to improve their clinical practice and business capacity. You will need to be creative in your thinking and take part in improving primary health delivery to help our community’s most vulnerable.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Education Specialist role is to identify, coordinate and facilitate opportunities to drive enhancements in General Practice and Primary Health Services by:
- Developing and implementing an education program for practice and other provider staff
- Encouraging practice and other provider staff to actively participate in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities
- Evaluating the effectiveness of SEMPHN’s education initiatives to maintain a process of continuous quality improvement
- Assisting SEMPHN staff to upskill and build capacity to develop and deliver effective health professional education/CPD activities
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Tertiary qualifications in either health, education, social sciences, and/or extensive relevant experience
- Education Activity Representative (EAR) accreditation, experience and capability is highly desirable
- A strong knowledge of primary health care
- An ability to help build an education program to support practice improvement activities
- Experience working in a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) environment with evidence of successful outcomes will be highly regarded
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including ability to build influential and productive working relationships with stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- High level consultation, facilitation, and organisational skills
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
You will help make a real difference to our local community and will be working in a truly team environment.
This is a full-time ongoing role, located in Heatherton.
At South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN), we are leaders, facilitators and influencers towards the shared goal of better primary health care. We are funded by the Australian Government to help people in south east Melbourne get the health care they need, when and where they need it.
Please review the position description attached below for further details about the role.
Benefits of working with SEMPHN
- Generous salary packaging and leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for growth and development
- A friendly and highly supportive work environment
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now". Please apply through EthicalJobs. No applications via email.
For further information please visit http://www.semphn.org.au/careers, or contact email@example.com using the subject line: Education Specialist - General Practice enquiry via EthicalJobs.
SEMPHN promotes a workplace that values fairness, respect, and social and cultural diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.