- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) - C4 - $12,545 - $15,862 AUD p/m
- 12 + 12 month role (Long Term Adviser Position)
- Based in Funafuti Tuvalu
The Government of Tuvalu has requested Health Planning and Management technical support from DFAT to strengthen sector planning and reporting, advice on COVID-19 preparedness and response issues, coordination (particularly with support provided by development partners), monitoring of inefficiencies, TMTS oversight, analysis, and sound advice to the Minister and Cabinet.
You will be accountable to, and managed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for Health, Social Welfare and Gender Affairs and the CEO will provide oversight management support to the Adviser.
This role is expected to commence in June 2021 for a period of 12 months, with a possible 12 month extension.
Please note there are special COVID-19 provisions with this position, please read the Information for Applicants – available on www.pactam2.com carefully to understand those conditions.
- Provide advice and support on strategic health planning and management issues in line with the draft National Strategic Plan 2020-24.
- Improve the management of the Tuvalu Medical Treatment Scheme (Domestic and Overseas Referrals)
- Health Planning and Management Team Leadership and Management Advisory
- Integrate and provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues, such as child protection, gender equality and disability in line with relevant Australian aid policies and other appropriate standards
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Public Health, Health Management, preferably Planning, and/or Administration
- A detailed understanding of health systems, COVID-19 issues, overseas medical referral schemes, health financing and public financial management
- Demonstrated experience in health planning and budgeting, including managing gaps between allocations and cost estimations
- Demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating medical referral schemes and strengthening core health system capabilities
- Demonstrated experience providing high quality analytical, project management and technical skills to implement reforms and interventions
- Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between the sector and oversight institutions within a Government context, for instance, Ministry of Health, Social Welfare and Gender Affairs and the Ministry of Finance
- Experience managing technical advisers or consultants
- Experience in coordinating and managing competing interests of multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels of government and partners, build and maintain networks, provide advice and communicate effectively (both written and verbal) on sensitive issues with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to provide high quality analysis and clear advice/recommendations to the Minister and senior management on issues that should be taken to Cabinet
- Previous experience living and working in the Pacific region
- Excellent cross cultural relationship and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to develop relationships across a range of key stakeholders
- Previous experience working in a team leader capacity within the international development sector
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – C4
- Mobility and special location allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Please see attached Terms of Reference.