- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C3, AUD $10, 946 - $13,683 p/m
- 12 month role
- Based in Nauru
The Department of Education and Training, Republic of Nauru began implementing its five year Strategic Plan in 2017 and will be redesigning a new Strategic Plan during 2020. It seeks the services of an Education Adviser to support the newly appointed Permanent Secretary and senior management team to provide evidence, analysis and suggest possible policy changes to improve the functioning of the Department of Education and the service delivery to schools in Nauru.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Secretary of Education.
This role is expected to commence in May 2020 for a period of 12 months.
- Strengthen the strategic management capacity of Department of Education
- Strengthen the Department of Education in Quality Assuring Schools
- Provide high quality advice and sound analysis on education issues to the Ministry and Cabinet
- Capacity building
- Provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Education Management (preferably with a focus on planning, financial management or program design), Program Design and/or International Development
Skills, experience, knowledge
- A detailed understanding of education systems with extensive experience working on an outcome based education strengthening program
- Demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating basic education programs and strengthening core education system capabilities
- Demonstrated experience providing high quality analytical and technical input to reforms and implementation of interventions
- Demonstrated experience in working in resource poor and resource challenged environments with evidence of success in project management and co-ordination
- Understanding of education priorities and issues from a regional and international perspective, monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between the sector and oversight institutions within a Government context, for instance, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Finance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels of government and partners, build and maintain networks, provide advice and communicate effectively (both written and verbal) on sensitive issues with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to provide high quality analysis and clear advice/recommendations to the Minister and senior management on issues that should be taken to Cabinet
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – C3, AUD $10, 946 - $13,683 p/m
- Mobility and special location allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
- Please note it is shared accommodation within Nauru placements
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
A Position Description is attached below.