The Resource and Research Assistant will be responsible for a range of research, drafting, resource creation, formatting and administration tasks.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Gather, scan and order existing Citizen Advocacy Resources – to create a complete, searchable, online library for use by the Citizen Advocacy Coordinator
- Identify resources in need of reformatting updating and complete the required reformatting and updating – so that they are accessible and visually appealing
- Identify additional resources that would complement current resources of key relevance to the Key Office Activities - such as Easy Read resources, videos used by other Citizen Advocacy Programs, additional articles
- Conceptualise an induction program and ongoing learning strategy for Citizen Advocates and draft a proposal
- Peruse profiles of people with disability seeking a Citizen Advocacy match and research possible approaches to securing a match for each person
- Examine current recruitment pathways and develop a proposal about ways to enhance
- Create promotional materials to inform community members about Citizen Advocacy
- Other tasks such as attending meetings, completing reports, record keeping as required
key selection criteria
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to addressing the rights and needs of people with disability and insight into the social vulnerability of people with intellectual disability
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles embodied in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability
- Excellent written communications skills with experience writing for diverse audiences
- Document formatting skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small team
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- A willingness to work flexible hours as required
- Video development and editing skills
- Photography skills
- Graphic design skills
- Experience working with people with intellectual disability
- Advocacy Experience
- Suitable tertiary qualifications such as communications, social sciences or community development
The successful applicant will have:
- The right to work in Australia
- Proof of vaccination
- Willingness to complete and provide details of satisfactory Police and Working with Children Checks.
If you want to find out more about this job and how to apply, contact Kim on 02 9808 5500 or email email@example.com using the subject line: Resource and Research Assistant - Citizen Advocacy enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.