SAL Consulting is an established provider of clinical services for people with complex needs. SAL Consulting provides a range of service types including Clinical Support, Clinical Supervision, Therapy, Health and Allied Health Services, Training and Organisational Practice and Professional Development. Our Team of Consultants is a diverse, trans-disciplinary group, with individuals having qualifications, specific training, and practical experience in the Community Services, Health, Disability and Youth sectors. Our team environment is supportive, professional, and creative. You will be provided with ongoing supervision and support, and opportunities for professional development.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our NT team based in Darwin who has:
- A Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience;
- Current Registration with AHPRA;
- Experience and interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities and/or experiences of trauma who have complex needs;
- Ability to conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals functional needs; sensory assessment and profiling; mobility assessment and equipment provision; and holistic lifestyle assessment and associated goal setting;
- Experience in training and mentoring/supporting parents and families, direct care staff and educators;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and well developed organisational and time management skills;
- Capacity to work autonomously as well as the ability to work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team;
- A strong client focus and commitment to learning, continuous quality improvement, and ongoing professional development;
- A current Driver Licence and a willingness to travel periodically to regional or remote areas and Interstate;
- Eligibility for Medium Term Temporary Skills Shortage Visa with Pathway to Permanent Residency (previously known as Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457) - this Visa will be considered for the right applicant.
Please note that interviews will be conducted as appropriate applications are received. Should the right applicant be found prior to the expiration of the advertisement, no further interviews will be arranged. The position is full-time, however part-time (min 3 days a week) will be considered.