Tired of the same workplace each and every day? Looking for a new challenge in a supportive professional environment that promotes relationship building and professional development?
SAL Consulting NT is looking for a Registered Psychologist to join our transdisciplinary team in Darwin.
SAL Consulting is an established provider of clinical services for people with complex needs. SAL Consulting provides a range of service types including Clinical Support, Clinical Supervision, Therapy, Health and Allied Health Services, Training and Organisational Practice and Professional Development. Our Team of consultants are a diverse, transdisciplinary group, with individuals having qualifications, specific training, and practical experience in the Community Services, Health, Disability and Youth sectors.
Creating strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and organisations through communication and working together plays an integral part in SAL Consulting practice and ethos. We are an accredited provider of Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics through the Child Trauma Academy in USA.
We are looking for an enthusiastic psychologist who has:
- A degree majoring in Psychology (minimum 4 years) and is eligible for registration with APHRA
- Experience providing clinical and/or behaviour assessment, intervention and support in the disability, out-of-home-care/child protection, or community service sectors
- Direct experience working with people with intellectual disabilities, children, young people and/or families who have experienced developmental trauma
- Exceptional communication skills including high level written skills, the capacity to impart knowledge and an ability to motivate others
- Demonstrable skills in reflective/critical thinking as well as an ability to think quickly and be responsive to meet tight time frames
- Demonstrable analytical and assessment skills
- Demonstrable skills and experience in therapeutic support planning, design and delivery
- Applied knowledge in relation to current trends in clinical practice as it relates to the treatment of adults and children with cognitive impairments, complex communication and behavioural support needs, and developmental/complex trauma
- Experience or interest in the delivery of individual and group therapy
- Initiative and the capacity to work autonomously
- The ability to work as part of a team, maintain a team identity and build relationships with colleagues who may be working across various locations
- A strong client focus and commitment to learning and ongoing professional development
- A current Driver Licence
- A willingness and ability to travel within Australia periodically to regional and remote areas and interstate