- Location: Knox (Eastern Suburbs)
- Casual Basis
- Rotating roster, Monday to Sunday across morning and afternoon shifts, weekends, public holidays and sleep over shifts
- SCHADS Award Level 3.1 plus penalties
Safe Futures Foundation (SFF) is a not for profit Specialist Family Violence Organisation that provides services to women and children to help them escape control, abuse and violence and rebuild their lives. We have been responding to family violence and changing people’s stories for over 40 years. Safe Futures has grown to be the largest provider of crisis accommodation in Victoria - which includes 19 crisis properties and nomination rights to 39 Transitional Houses. We employ case managers and women’s and children’s advocates across 2 main sites in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs and 1 site in the Western Melbourne Region. We are funded by the Department of Health and Human Services and the generous support of donors.
Working as part of a dynamic team the family violence support worker assists the work of SFF family violence case managers to implement goals and meet needs identified in client plans. The support worker has the primary responsibility to assist in the coordination and delivery of practical supports and resources for women and children in refuge accommodation, experiencing family violence and trauma. The role also requires identifying community resources and linking clients to community-based activities and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the coordination and access to a range of community services and supports to meet needs identified in client case plans
- Participate in sleepover shifts on weekdays and weekends
- Provide an after-hours response to the women and children onsite if required
- Assist with skill development in line with goals identified in case plan
- Provide support to the children’s worker in running activities
- Develop resource directory and assist with access to community services
- Liaise and develop effective working relationships with agencies and key stakeholders providing services and supports to women experiencing family violence and homelessness
- Attending client meetings with woman’s case worker and children’s worker to assist with implementation of case plan goals
- Providing general emotional support to clients
- Liaising with case workers regarding safety concerns or risk issues identified or reported
- Liaise with women’s case managers/ children’s worker to prioritise task
- Share electronic diary with team members to assist with availability
- Assisting with client transport to appointments i.e., dental, medical, Centrelink, playgroups, childcare, bank, maternal health
- Orientation of clients to local area and available services.
- Manage local office calendars for room hire, vehicle and equipment use
- Be the first point of contact for general enquiries
- Prepare, distribute and store correspondence (e.g: emails, team meeting minutes, mail etc.)
- Manage office stock and supplies
- Shopping assistance for clients where required
- Sourcing childcare
- Assisting clients to relocate if required
- Ticketing cleaning and other maintenance jobs for refuge
- Light cleaning, laundry and sorting of goods/stock as required
- Preparation of accommodation units
A position description is attached.