Who are we
Richmond Wellbeing (RW) is a leading values-based organisation providing mental health services for consumers across Western Australia. We offer supported accommodation along with a wide range of community services including NDIS support. At the heart of our organisation is an ethos and commitment to support everyone in the community to live a valued and fulfilling life.
About Community Care Unit
The Community Care Unit (CCU) is a state wide 20 bed facility, partnership with the Cyrenian House and the local Public Mental Health Services, that provides adults, who have a long history of experiencing mental distress and require intensive rehabilitation recovery services, a home-like environment for up to 18 months. We aim to provide a safe space, where everyone is welcomed and valued. We provide tailored support aimed at meeting the individual needs of our clients and enable them to pursue their recovery goals.
This service is scheduled to open during the second quarter of 2021.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Residential Manager , the CCU Service Manager role is responsible for providing an environment that enables consumers experiencing mental distress to confidently embark on their journey of recovery.
Your other main responsibilities of the role include:
- Commitment to ensuring people experiencing mental distress receive high quality and respectful services.
- Manage and develop the provision of services ensuring they optimise outcomes consistent with Richmond Wellbeing’s standards and that are compliant with our contractual and legislative requirements.
- Managing the relationships with partner agencies, the local Public Mental Health Service and Cyrenian House and other stakeholder both external and internal.
- Leading, managing and developing a team of employees to deliver high quality and contractually compliant services to residents of the newly created Community Care Unit, which is a mental health residential service.
- Ensuring the effective and regular provision of line management, administrative supervision, and practice supervision of service delivery staff within Richmond Wellbeing’s Procedures and Policies.
- Ensuring the strategic and operational quality and change management activities are integrated and aligned with the goals of Richmond Wellbeing.
- Overseeing maintaining the LARU licensing of the service.
- Reporting service outcomes including working within the operating budget.
- Ensuring the performance of the service and reporting on service outcomes.
- Areas of risk are bought to attention of the Senior Residential Manager and solutions and continuous improvements are implemented.
- Achieve and maintain data integrity with our consumer records.
This role is full time.
You will possess the following key attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant human services area.
- A minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated experience in a Human Services management role.
- An in depth understanding of contemporary mental health issues and working with the recovery process.
- High-level supervision, leadership and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in facility, budget and financial management.
- Cultural competency and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- High-level communication, negotiation and advocacy skills.
- A personal alignment with the values of Richmond Wellbeing.
- Previous experience working in hospitals and non-profits is desirable.
Why Work for Richmond Wellbeing?
Besides providing high quality professional development and a supportive work environment, we also offer;
- A competitive salary and use of a motor vehicle, laptop and mobile phone.
- Additional Birthday and Wellbeing day leave.
- Benefits of not for profit salary packaging.
To view the position description, please visit https://www.rw.org.au/join-us/
Confidential enquiries can be sent to email@example.com using the subject line: Community Care Unit Service Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Richmond Wellbeing reserves the right to close this position prior to the closing date.
Richmond Wellbeing welcomes and celebrates individuals from all diverse groups and backgrounds. Our workplace actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
Before an offer of employment can be made, Richmond Wellbeing requires a National Police Clearance no older than 6 months.